Shannon Spotswood was named President of RFG Advisory in February 2016. Her strategic vision for the firm is one of rapid, well-executed expansion across the U.S. Her focus is on best practices for advisor recruitment and transitions, corporate marketing, business development, and M&A. She is committed to supporting RFG Advisory’s high-growth, hybrid RIA platform with a network of professional independent financial advisors. With more than 20 years’ experience, Shannon is putting her enthusiastic passion for the finance industry to work developing the processes and technology to help RFG Advisors—and their clients—succeed.
Prior to her time at RFG, Shannon spent 20 years in finance serving as a Portfolio Manager and Director of Long-Only Equity Strategies for San Francisco-based hedge fund Symphony Asset Management, and as an Investment Banker with Volpe Brown Whelan & Co. Passionate about Wall Street since her 14th birthday when she was given a subscription to the Wall Street Journal, Shannon started her career as a Research Analyst and Junior Trader for EGM Capital and worked at PaineWebber during college. Equally passionate about entrepreneurship and retail, for three years Shannon built a luxury children’s clothing company, Busy Bees, that is carried in more than 150 retail stores nationwide.
Shannon earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in both Economics and Political Science from the University of Arizona. After more than two decades living in San Francisco, Shannon along with her husband and three children moved to Birmingham in 2013. She is an outdoor enthusiast and enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Her daughters are avid equestrians, she is most often found after hours at the barn or chasing her son on the soccer field.
- Chief Financial Officer & Partner, Busy Bees, a luxury children’s clothing company
- Portfolio Manager, Director of Long-Only Strategies, Director of Business Development, Europe and Business Consultant, San Francisco-based hedge fund Symphony Asset Management
- Investment Banker, Volpe, Brown, Whelan & Co
- Research Analyst and Trading Assistant, San Francisco-based hedge fund EGM Capital
- University of Arizona, B.A. Economics and Political Science
- Financial Intern with PaineWebber and Political Intern in the Office of Senator John McCain
- Business Journals’ Top 100 Women to Watch 2016
Boards, Professional Organizations & Community Involvement
- Young Presidents Organization
- The Rotary Club of Alabama
- Advisory Board for Orion Advisor Services LLC
- Advisory Board for Oak Street Funding
- All In Mountain Brook Board Member