Effective Date: April 9, 2014
Please read the following information carefully, because your continued use of our website constitutes acceptance of our privacy practices.
BEF may modify this Policy at any time, so please visit regularly to monitor changes.
BEF collects electronic information via our website (http://edbirmingham.org) and newsletter correspondences, and information from our donors (both in electronic form and otherwise). Some of the information we collect is personal information that could identify you (e.g. your name, address, email address, or other contact information), while other information we collect cannot identify you or any other person (e.g. number of visits to our website).
The types of information we collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Your email address and other personal information submitted through contact forms
- contact information (name, email address, phone number, mailing address) from donors who submit pledges through edbirmingham.org
- The identify of those individuals who author comments posted to pages in edbirmingham.org
- The identity of those followers of BEF’s weblog (“blog”);
- The identity of those individuals who
- click on/open our email newsletter correspondence;
- ask to “opt-out” of receiving our email newsletter correspondence;
- # and identity of spam-reports on newsletter correspondences
- The number of visits to the web pages in edbirmingham.org
- The number of comments posted to pages in edbirmingham.org
- With respect to email newsletter correspondence, the number of:
- Opens/clicks on a particular email;
- Messages reported as Spams;
- Messages in which an individual decides to “opt-out” of receiving future communications.
Use of Collected Information
We collect information from our donors and website visitors in order to better understand the interests and needs of our audience and adjust our practices accordingly
Information Collected From Donors
As a donor to Birmingham Education Foundation, we appreciate that you have trusted us with your charitable gift, as well as with your personal information and promise to protect both in keeping with the highest ethical standards and industry practices.
- Except as required by law or regulatory requirement as set out below, we do not sell, trade, distribute, or lease donor information to anyone;
- Your personal information will only be used to ensure we manage your gift according to your original intention;
- Donors may request to remain anonymous; those that do not request anonymity may have their names published in our annual report, donor lists, or similar publications.
- We limit access to confidential information to those employees who need it to perform their jobs.
- BEF shares your information with auditors and other third parties only as mandated by regulatory requirements, and those third parties have an obligation to protect your information.
Information Collected on Our Website
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. Occasionally, we may use your contact information (email address, mailing address) to send you information about third parties that we think might be of interest to you.
In the event that you have contacted us (via email or otherwise), BEF reserves the right to contact you may send future communication to you about BEF, subject to your right to opt-out of communications described below.
Obtaining and Correcting Information, and Opting Out
If you believe that the records regarding your personal information are inaccurate, if you would like to change the frequency with which we contact you – either via newsletters or otherwise, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us altogether – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All comments will be moderated by the administrators of the website edbirmingham.org before posting; furthermore, administrators reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments deemed inappropriate, or to block access to any individual or group from commenting. The views expressed in any comments made on our website or its blog do not reflect the opinions of BEF or any of its employees. Any such comments should be understood as the personal opinions of their author.
Links to Other Website
Our website may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by BEF. BEF does not monitor or control the content or the privacy practices of these non-BEF websites and is therefore not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked external websites. Once you leave edbirmingham.org, please note that similar privacy restrictions may not apply. Accordingly, when using a link to a non-BEF website, we recommend you review the privacy practices and policies of the external website.