At Ed, we know there is real power in communities coming together to work towards change. We have witnessed this happen time and again through our Network Nights and our direct programming for students. We are excited to offer a new opportunity to engage with parents, families, and community members to work towards real change.
What is the Community Action Fellowship?
- Beginning in January 2020, Ed will launch a fellowship experience, consisting of eight sessions with parents, families, and community members that will focus on education policy (i.e. school governance, school funding, data transparency & accessibility, etc.) and advocacy.
- Participants will have the opportunity to build an advocacy campaign around an education issue with the goal of influencing actual policy change.
- At the conclusion of the fellowship, Community Action Fellows will have the opportunity to attend a local, state, or national forum to advocate for their group’s issue.
What are the logistics for Community Action Fellowship?
- Times are determined based on the availability and preference of each cohort of Fellows.
- Food and childcare provided.
- Community Action Fellows will be expected to attend 90% of sessions. Attendance is critical so that you and other group members can build trust and receive the full benefit of your unique participation and contribution.
How do I apply?
- Fill out the application linked here and email a picture of it to Corinn O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.